Important Pet Travel Update
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Update
The New Zealand Prime Minister announced that the country will be moved to a Level 4 alert under the New Zealand COVID-19 Alert Plan at 11.59pm Wednesday 25th March 2020. At this stage the government has advised that Level 4 will be in place (at a minimum) for the next 4 weeks.
As a result of the government-enforced lockdown, Jetpets Auckland will be temporarily closing our office from Wednesday 25th March 2020 at close of business, until further notice.
If you have an urgent enquiry regarding an existing booking for travel within the lockdown period, you can call our emergency number on 0800 311 742 or email us at email@example.com and we will assist you directly, where possible.
Jetpets would like to thank you for your understanding, patience and support during this unprecedented time.
In light of the current Coronavirus situation, Jetpets want to assure our customers we are doing our very best to assist and support you, and most importantly, your furbaby, through this unprecedented and challenging time. For over 28 years our number one priority continues to be ensuring animal welfare and servicing our customers as our highest priorities.
Due to a number of airline and government announcements over the past 36 hours, it looks unlikely Jetpets will be able to facilitate any overseas pet travel from New Zealand until later in the year, or upon further notice.
As this situation is unprecedented and beyond our direct control, your patience and understanding is very much appreciated. This is an extremely challenging time that we are all facing on a global level, however, we have every confidence that we will weather the storm and resume full services in the near future.
We have listed below some Frequently Asked Questions that might be helpful in the current environment we are navigating.
FAQs – Pet Travel Update
Q: What if I have a travel date set for my pet to travel overseas that is during the airline travel restriction?
Firstly, we would like you to know that Jetpets have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to see if there are any available travel options for your pet through alternative airlines and routes taking into account all airline and government announcements that have been released over the past 36 hours and assessing whether travel can proceed safely with the welfare of your pet being our first priority.
Jetpets will be in contact with you if you haven’t already heard from us either via email or phone. We are prioritising calls to our customers in order of the travel date of your pet in order to talk to you about what options are available.
Q: When will you be in contact with me?
Our aim is to be in contact with you as soon as we possibly can. If you have an urgent matter and unable to reach us by phone due to the current high volume of calls we ask that you email the consultant you have been dealing with throughout your pets transport arrangements and we will endeavour to respond within the same day.
Q: What if my pet can’t travel due to the current restrictions?
A Jetpets consultant will discuss with you the options available and this may include:
- Postponing your pet’s travel date or
- Cancelling your pet’s travel date until further notice
Jetpets will be able to help facilitate both of these options for you.
Q: What if I am already overseas and I don’t have anyone to look after my pet for me whilst travel is delayed?
Jetpets can discuss several pet accommodations options for you to consider. We have long standing relationships with pet accommodation facilities who we can recommend, and we will be able to organise this for you at your request to ensure the health, safety and comfort of your pet until they are able to travel again.
Q: What if I would like a quote to move my pet overseas in the near future?
With the current situation we would ask that you email us you and your pet/s details, where you would like your pet to travel from and to and your preferred date of travel (noting this will have to be later in the year). We will be in contact with you once the airlines have advised that they can transport pets again. We will send regular updates to our customers to ensure you are informed of the developments and when we are able to provide with a quote as soon as we know more.
Please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep your information on file.
Q: Can I make a new booking for domestic travel?
Unfortunately due to the lock down of our country, flights are being cancelled. Until further notice we are not in a position to provide quotations for new bookings.
Q: What happens if I have an existing booking?
Jetpets will be in contact with you and prioritising calls to customers in order of the travel date to discuss what options may be available.
Jetpets are working diligently to try and accommodate all existing bookings as best we can, given the limited flight options from our airline partners. We are working with the airlines and authorities to see what we can practically do, however, there are many flight cancellations which is proving very difficult to move and re-arrange.
Q: Can I make a new booking for domestic travel?
The Government will ultimately decide on the regulations required to ensure our safety and well-being. Jetpets will work with all of the relevant authorities and conform to their advice, procedures and directions. Jetpets will ensure we keep you informed as the situation develops.