Jetpets Animal Transport (“We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains how and when we collect personal information, what we do with it and your right to see or change it.
Collection, storage and use of personal information
No need to disclose personal information. You can use the site — including completing user research tasks — without disclosing any personal information.
Your disclosure of personal information
You may choose to disclose personal information to us when you request a quote or make an enquiry, give feedback or if you complete any of our attached forms. This information can be viewed by site administrators, certain Jetpets staff and IT administrators. Do not send us sensitive personal information or include any sensitive personal information in enquiry or quote requests.
Holding of information
If you provide personal information, it is held by us for the legally required time frame. It may be shared with third-party contractors to the extent necessary for them to administer or work on the site, or to work on special projects with us. Email addresses are not made available to the public. Unless required by law, we will not publicise the full names or email addresses of individuals who request services from us without their consent.
As our IT systems are administered across borders, we may transfer your personal information to our Australian company or our trusted third-party providers outside New Zealand. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. These recipients are subject to privacy laws that provide comparable safeguards to the Privacy Act 2020.
We will take steps to ensure your information remains secure. You authorise us to disclose your personal information to our Australian company or our trusted third-party providers outside New Zealand.
Use of personal information
We will only use personal information provided to us for the purpose of:
- administering, evaluating and improving the site
- improving our services, and
- communicating with you, including responding to your feedback and information provided in submission forms.
Feedback is important and is used to evaluate and improve the site. If you provide feedback by email, that feedback is sent directly to our staff. We may pass on relevant comments to other people within our company who administer or contribute content to the site. This could include your email address, pet details and/or photo that you have provided.
If you provide us with an enquiry form, that enquiry form will be sent to appropriate staff member to action. We may pass on relevant content from that enquiry to other people within Jetpets if required. This could include your email address and other identifying information.
Statistical information collected and cookies
The information Google Analytics collects includes:
- the first three parts of the IP address of the device
- the pages accessed on our site and the links clicked on
- the date and time the site was visited
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
- the operating system (for example, Windows 7 or Mac OSX) on the device used
- the type of web browser used (for example, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox)
- other incidental information such as screen resolution and the language setting used.
Correcting your personal information
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to access and ask us to correct any of your personal information provided to Jetpets in connection with your use of this site.
Contact us if:
- you would like to see or change your personal information we have stored, or
- you have any concerns regarding your privacy
- would like your personal information removed from our system.
Jetpets may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
The Privacy Officer