International Pet Transport
Proud to be the most trusted Pet Transport company in New Zealand, Jetpets have been providing pet transport services for over 30 years, flying pets of all types to almost any international destination around the world. Our popular destinations close and far include Australia, Europe, Japan, USA, England, Hong Kong, Singapore and Canada. Offering a complete door to door service, our dedicated team of Pet Travel Consultants, Pet Handlers and Partnering Vets ensure your pet’s travel journey is seamless and stress-free. Our number one priority is your pet’s comfort, safety and welfare every step of the way.
Select Your Pet Travel Type For A Quote
How Do Our International Pet Transport Services Work?
A Complete Door-To-Door International Pet Transport Service
Jetpets can take care of everything on your behalf from start to finish! We have a dedicated team of international professionals who are experts in exporting dogs and cats from New Zealand. We can manage and facilitate the Customs and Clearance requirements for you to save you time and stress. You can rest easy knowing that Jetpets has your international pet travel covered.
Our Most Popular International Pet Travel Destinations
Papua New Guinea
United Arab Emirates
How We Can Help With Your International Pet Transport Needs
Jetpets International Pet Travel Consultants
We take the time to get to know your pet and understand their unique travel requirements and needs. With any move it’s not only about getting from A to B, but doing so safely, efficiently and without hassle. Our team of experienced Pet Travel Consultants work with you to tailor your itinerary that puts your pet first. We also make a conscious effort to make sure your pet has time to refresh before or in-between flights at our Auckland transit lounge, ensuring your pet is happy and healthy throughout their journey.
- Our Pet Travel Consultants are here to find out all about your VIPs (very important pets!)
- We provide expert advice on preparing your fur baby for International travel
- Prepare your special detailed itinerary and offer you our door to door service
- The team will decide on the best size travel crate
- We will arrange a stay-dry fleece mat for your furbaby’s crate to keep them comfy and dry
- Our Consultants will book your pet on the most direct flight with our preferred pet travel partner Air New Zealand
- Arrange a comfort stop along the way
Partnering Accredited Vets
- Our Partnering Vets are on staff to ensure your pet is healthy and fit for their journey
- All Vets are accredited – which is required to clear your pet for international travel
- Our Partnering Vets can also take care of any vaccination requirements
- On the day of the flight our Vets will conduct a final health check, making sure your pet is healthy and ready to fly
Our Transit Lounge
- Jetpets Auckland Transit Lounge allows for priority pet check in
- Your pet will be able to have a stretch and relax out of their travel crate before and/or after their flight
- Provide peace of mind knowing that our pet handlers will take care of your pet if their flight is delayed or cancelled
- Our Partnering Vets make regular visits to our Transit Lounge to make life easy for you and your fur baby
- If your pet is travelling through our transit lounge, our experienced Pet Handlers will make sure your pet has time to stretch their legs before their flight
- Our team will then check your pet into the airport and ensure they are well hydrated before take off
- When they arrive at their final destination, we can also complete the customs requirements for you and deliver them to your new home.
Hear From Our Pet Owners
Frequently Asked Questions About Our International Pet Travel
Q: How Far In Advanced Should I Book?
6 Months in advance is optimal and suitable for pets looking to travel long distances or to countries that have specific vaccination requirements. Allowing as much time as possible is beneficial so both you and your pets are organised, ready and prepared.
Q: How Much Does It Cost To Fly A Pet Internationally?
There are several factors to consider with international pet transport prices, including flight routes, destinations, size, weight of your pet, level of service provided and more. All our quotes can be made all-inclusive with no hidden costs or surprises.
Q: How Do You Transport Pets Overseas?
We work with our trusted airline partners to help you find the most direct flight option for your pet. We will work with you to ensure all airline pet regulations are met for international pet transport (e.g making sure that your pet travel crate is airline-approved).
Q: Is It Safe To Fly My Pets In Cargo?
The pets’ cabin is dimly lit and the temperature is set to approximately 18 degrees for comfort. The captain of the aircraft is also aware that your furbaby is on board their flight. What your pet will experience in the cabin is very similar to what we feel and hear in the passenger cabin.
Q: Should I Sedate My Dog When Flying?
Sedating your pet can be harmful to them during the flight. It can lower their blood pressure and cause dehydration. Our resident vets recommend Adaptil collars for dogs as an alternative way to make pets feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible during travel. Our pet travel consultant can arrange this for you.
Q: How Do I Keep My Dog Calm On A Plane?
We recommend putting a blanket or soft toy into your pet’s travel crate to help comfort your pet, but please be aware that if your pet messes their travel crate this will be removed. In the lead up to their travel, you can also help them associate the crate with positive things such as play and treats by going through the travel crate familiarisation steps.
|MORE INTERNATIONAL PET TRAVEL FAQS|